This blog has covered the basics of hypnosis, what it is and how it works. Now lets talk about the benefits of hypnotherapy.
1. Hypnosis is a natural approach. Aside from feeling groggy, hypnosis has no dangerous side effects like many other treatment options do. It can allow you to lower your dosage of some medications or help you stop taking them altogether. The same is true for using hypnosis in surgery in conjunction with or as a replacement for anesthesia.
2. Hypnosis is all about relaxing, and is an excellent tool for stress control. Seriously, after a ten minute self hypnosis session, my body feels about as relaxed as a jelly fish. All the tension leaves my body and I feel rejuvenated. Stress is associated with overeating, heart disease, high blood pressure, aging, and sleep disorders. So as you can see, its incredibly important to maintain the stress in your life. Having the ability to relax also helps you stay creative, active, and better at problem solving.
3. Hypnosis can help beat addictions. Alcoholism, drug addiction, porn addiction, smoking, food addictions and eating disorders, addictions to unhealthy relationships etc. can all be treated with hypnotic techniques. Hypnosis can also alleviate some of the discomfort associated with withdrawal, and can fight against relapse.
4. Hypnosis is versatile. Hypnosis can help treat conditions as serious as chronic pain management, addiction recovery, and end of life peace, to conditions as light as wanting to quit biting your nails, motivation for career, and finding your creative spark. Hypnosis can help you save your relationships, promote self love and gain confidence. However, you can also use it to overcome your fear of spiders, sooth your temper, or help you lose that extra holiday weight. (For more things hypnosis can help with, check out our ABOUT page!)
5. Hypnosis can be used alone or in conjunction with traditional therapy, doctors, dentists, nutritionists and other health care professionals to optimize your progress in whatever it is you're working to achieve. A good hypnotic experience is about YOU, giving you the care you deserve to have the best chance possible in meeting your goals and overcoming your obstacles. Sometimes that means meeting with a hypnotherapists alone and sometimes it means using hypnosis alongside other tools and treatments. Either way, hypnosis can almost always benefit your journey if its something you want for yourself.
There are several benefits to hypnosis and tools commonly used in the office of a hypnotherapist (such as dream therapy, imagery work, handwriting analysis, and mental bank). It can help you with vocational and advocation self improvement; which is a blanket statement for "anything and everything having to do with personal and work related goals." The benefits and uses of hypnosis is practically limitless, which is why I'm such a huge advocate for it. I believe it can help others accomplish many things, meet their full potential and optimize their quality of life.